RPG Programmer Analyst Position
Role and Responsibilities
Our Senior Programmer Analyst defines, develops, tests, analyzes, and maintains new and current software applications in support of our client’s business requirements. This position reports to the Director of Consulting Services.
- Develops and maintains applications and databases by evaluating client needs, analyzing requirements, and developing software systems.
- Enhances staff accomplishments and competence by planning delivery of solutions, answering technical and procedural questions for less experienced team members, teaching improved processes, and mentoring team members.
- Identifies requirements by establishing personal rapport with potential and actual clients and with other persons in a position to understand requirements.
- Provide end-user training
- Perform test plan development as well as system testing
- Assist in the development and execution of marketing and presales activities
- Assist in the development of education materials
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- An undergraduate degree in a field such as Computer Science, Finance, Business, Supply Chain, and/or equivalent work experience
- Up to 5 years of experience in manufacturing/distribution/financial systems.
- Able to travel
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work and make decisions independently
- Experience in creating technical documentation and user-based training documents
- Eagerness to take initiative in learning and applying new skills
- RPG IV, RPGLE, RPG Open Access
- AS/400, iSeries, Systemi, Power Systems
- OS/400, IBMi, CL, DB2, MSSQL
- Infor Enterprise Integrator and System-Link
- Basic database development knowledge (DB2, SQL)